Kenes International Organizers of Congresses S.A (hereinafter also referred to as "Kenes", "we", "us" or "our") is the Congress Secretariat for the 26th Congress of the European Psychiatric Association ("EPA 2018") being held in Nice, France, from 3-6 March 2018, representing the organiser European Psychiatric Association (hereinafter also referred to as "EPA", or "third party client"). As part of its congress services, Kenes operates the epa-congress.org website ("Client website" or "Client Site") on behalf of EPA.
We, at Kenes International Organisers of Congresses Ltd. respect the privacy of the users of the Client website (the "User" or "you") and are committed to protecting the personal information that Users may share with us.
This Privacy Statement describes our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information which we may obtain when you visit the Client Site from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement or when you participate in any of the online forums, platforms, newsletters or other digital activities carried out by us on the Client Site ("Activities"). This Privacy Statement also describes your choices regarding the use, access and correction of your personal information.
BY ENTERING THE CLIENT SITE AND USING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITIES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, INCLUDING TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION. IF YOU DISAGREE TO ANY TERM PROVIDED HEREIN, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE CLIENT SITE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITIES.
BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY TO LEARN ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- Log Data: As is true of most websites, our servers automatically collect and record information that the browser on your computer or mobile phone, tablet or similar device you use to access the Client Site (a "Device") sends whenever you visit the Client Site ("Log Data"). Log Data may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, referral and exit pages and URL's, language information, the domain from which you are visiting and additional information in respect to your usage and browsing of the Client Site. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We also may collect information about various aspects of your use of the Client Site or your participation in any Activity, such as the dates and time of your login, the content you have viewed, the pages you have visited, the searches and/or registrations you may have made and any clickstream data.
- Location Data: When you access the Client Site on a mobile Device (such as a tablet or a mobile phone), we may collect information about your location through location information accessible through your Device. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality of sharing location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
- Social Media Widgets: The Client Site also includes some social media features, such as a Facebook "like" button, and widgets, such as a "share" button. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Client Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Client Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for the following general purposes:
- to communicate with you in general, including for the purpose of providing you information about our products and services or responding to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve the Client Site and/or Activities;
- to enable some of our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing or improving new Activities, enhancing the Client Site, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns relating to our products and services;
- subject to applicable law, to send you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you, regarding our products and services. You may choose not to receive such information and opt-out of such future communications. All such communications sent to you will contain the instructions for opting-out;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Log Data and other non-personal information that we gather and collect is used mainly for the purpose of administering the Client Site; analysing trends in the aggregate in the use of the Client Site (for instance, we may use such information to create user predicted preferences and social characteristics); enhancing user experience on the Client Site (for instance, we may use such information to determine which areas of the Client Site are more popular than others), estimating and reporting total audience size and traffic; for purposes of ad optimisation (i.e., tailoring, targeting, analysing, managing and optimising of our ads), investigating, detecting, preventing or otherwise taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse; and providing analytics and reporting with respect to the use of the Client website.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is owned by the third party client, who owns the event for which you showed interest or have registered. Access to your personal information is therefore shared with the Client for the general purposes described under 2. How we use your information, and for specific Congress related purposes (e.g. poster abstracts selection, travel grant request).
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to enforce our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or in such circumstances where, in our judgment, a disclosure is necessary or appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our various terms of service or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- We may share information that you voluntarily make public, including information that you post on any blogs, message boards, chat rooms or other similar forums, whether or not such forums are operated or owned by Kenes. Since such public information can be accessed by others and used by any member of the public, such use by third parties is beyond our control. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum operated or owned by Kenes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We may also display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the Client Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may share aggregated or anonymous information or statistics (which in any event does not contain any of your personal information) with third parties, such as the Client, our existing or potential agents, investors, affiliates, vendors, service providers and other business partners.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:
We collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons "cookie" technology. For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer.
Cookies (sometimes referred to as browser cookies) are small packets of data that a website stores on your Device's hard drive allowing your Internet browser to save and retrieve information about your visit to the website. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your Internet browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your Device until you delete them) to help us collect non-personal information about various aspects of your use of the Client Site or your participation in any of the Activities, and to enhance your experience using the Client Site. Cookies can also help enable the detection of certain kinds of fraud. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your Device's hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your Device. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Client Site may not function properly.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages, emails and social posts that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages, open or click an email, or share a post on social media, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure responses to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track signals to websites with which the browser communicates, telling the websites not to follow its online movements. Because of differences in how browsers interpret this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Therefore, the Client Site currently does respond to such Do Not Track signals.
- Analytics and Remarketing Tools:
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When personal information is transferred over the Internet, we encrypt it using Transfer Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology or similar technology. You should note, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mails sent to us may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
- ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have provided us with any personal information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e-mails. Subject to applicable law, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
- EXTERNAL SITES
The Client Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties ("External Sites"). Be sure to read the privacy policies, supplemental notices, and settings of all websites or platforms that you visit so you can understand their privacy practices and your options. These External Sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these External Sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Client Site and welcome and feedback about these sites.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY PROTECTION
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Client Site may be processed and transferred to the country of the Client and all countries in which Kenes has offices and operations and be subject to applicable law. This information may also be processed by staff working for us or for one of our suppliers. The privacy and data protection laws in such countries may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Client Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in countries.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
- GOVERNING LAW
Last updated on September 26, 2017.